Calling all coconut lovers! Vegan bounty bars – my favourite healthy dessert. This was one of my favorite sweets as a child. I am truly obsessed with coconut and if you are as well this is perfect.
This is such an easy recipe. All you need is shredded coconut, coconut cream from canned coconut milk (the thick part), maple syrup(or any other sweetener), coconut butter and vanilla extract.
Chocolate and coconut make a match made in heaven! And these “bounty” bars are a proof of that.
- 250 grams shredded unsweetened coconut
- (1/3 cup) coconut butter, softened
- (1/2 cup) maple syrup or any other sweetener
- (1/2 cup) coconut cream (thick part only)
- (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 250 grams dark vegan chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor/blender, blend all the ingredients except for the chocolate, the coconut oil and salt.
- You want the mixture to still have visible coconut chunks- don’t over process.
- Use your hands to form “bounty” shape bars. Then pop them in the freezer for 2+ hours to firm up.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Dip the bars in the chocolate so fully covered & then put back in the freezer for 10 mins. Repeat dipping process for a thicker coating.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge
I hope you did enjoy reading my recipe, now let me see your masterpieces on Instagram! @najdovska_ana , #bootiesandsmoothies
Leave a Reply