This is one of my favourite flavour combination.
If you love the combo of chocolate and orange, then you’re in for a treat!
This Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake is moist, soft, refreshing, sweet and tangy with the perfect balance of both flavours. Plus the smell in your house is going to be amazingggggg.
The perfect excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast.
- Dry ingredients
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wet ingredients
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup unsweetened oat milk
- For the dark chocolate glaze:
- 100 grams dark chocolate bar (melted)
- Preheat oven to 175C degrees C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour batter into loaf pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely in the pan before removing.
- To make the dark chocolate glaze: Add dark chocolate bar to a small pot and place over low heat, stirring the chocolate until completely melted.
- Pour over the loaf and spread evenly towards the sides. Garnish with zest from 1 orange. Cut into slices.