Healthy lemon poppy seed loaf cake is the perfect dessert for Easter, or any time you are looking for a simple, delicious high quality sweet.
I didn’t realize how much I liked lemon in desserts until I made this recipe. It is SO good and I can’t wait for you to give it a try.
This loaf cake is moist, lemony, soft, tangy, sweet, and one bite in instantly makes you think about spring.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 175C and grease the baking pan with coconut oil/ or line it with a baking paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
3. In a large bowl, whisk three eggs.
4. Add in coconut oil, maple syrup, oat milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well combined.
6. Stir in poppy seeds and lemon zest, then pour the mixture into bread pan.
7. Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes (mine took. 40 min), or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. While baking, prepare coconut glaze by whisking together coconut cream, vanilla, and maple syrup.
9. Let the bread cool completely before putting the glaze on top.