Who ever said that ice cream is only for the warm months ?
I just made my first ice cream bars from scratch and I’m so proud of myself. Whoop whoop ! I think these bars can totally get away with being an all year thing!
The ice cream base is made from a combination of dairy free heavy cream, oat milk & peanut butter. Sweetened with maple syrup. Dipped in dark vegan chocolate. They are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free and sure to satisfy all your ice cream cravings.
I definitely think these ice bars are my new fav obsession!
Having a toddler makes you understand how much they want anything sweet. That is motivation enough for me to make sure those sweet things have healthy ingredients.
- ¾ cup dairy free heavy cream
- ½ cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- ¼ cup maple syrup or other low carb sweetener
- 150 grams vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Whip the dairy free heavy cream with mixer.
- Slowly add remaining ingredients.
- Continue whipping until you get creamy texture.
- Pour mixture into molds. Add popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Melt 150grams vegan chocolate with 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- Dip frozen ice cream bars into melted chocolate. Let set.
- Store in the freezer.