Are you sick of pumpkin yet?
Yeah, me neither!
I know, I know… Maybe some of you already are sick and tired of the pumpkin recipes but I’m just fully embracing the season. I kinda feel that this is a “must happen” annual pumpkin obsession and when it comes around, I’m not really responsible for my actions until December. Then I start with the Christmas recipes.
Most of you can agree that baking during fall is the best kind of baking!
Here’s what I did with the pumpkin that I used for decoration in my previous pumpkin pie post.
Pumpkin Spice Bread with Coconut Cream Frosting.
Literally pumpkin love in a pan, that’s what this goodness is! Not too moist, not too dry. Very light and tender with homemade pumpkin puree and nicely spiced and topped with a rich coconut cream vanilla frosting.
This recipe has both oats and buckwheat in it, so it is high in nutrition! You should try it! Plus it is only lightly sweetened, which means it’s DEFINITELY fair game for breakfast.
It should already be on your weekend baking lineup, you won’t regret it!!
Pumpkin Spice Bread with Coconut Cream Frosting
- 1 1/2c @bobsredmill buckwheat flour
- 1/2c @bobsredmill gluten free oat flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4c maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 2tbsp almond milk
- pinch of salt
Coconut cream frosting
- 1 tin of coconut milk – just the thick part of the can
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Slightly grease the loaf pan
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients together. In a different bowl combine the wet ingredients . Then gradually stir into the dry ingredients until evenly combined
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tin
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare coconut cream frosting by taking out the thick part from a tin of coconut milk into a small bowl. Add the vanilla and the spices. Top with pecans or nuts, if wanted.