A healthy edition of a Chocolate Rice treat made with all the good and natural stuff.
I made these rice bars with cacao powder, brown rice puffs(which are actually the foundation of this recipe), peanut butter and maple syrup. They are gluten and dairy free. They are so deliciously crispy and chewy and you can’t tell that they are healthy. Which is a win-win situation!
I sweetened them with maple syrup, which promises a satisfied sweet tooth. I’m snacking on these bars everyday with no regrets.
Did I mention that there is no baking required for this recipe ?
Healthy Chocolate Rice Treat
- 3 cups brown rice puffs
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter )
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao
- Mix your peanut butter (or different nut butter of choice), maple syrup, and cacao
- Melt, then pour over the rice puffs and stir very well, making sure to coat all the puffs.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly into the pan
- Using the back of a spatula press down as firmly as you can
- Cover with melted dark chocolate (optional)
- Freeze for at least one hour before slicing
- Keep refrigerated