This is one of those recipes that makes me super sad I’ve never tried it before! It’s so simple and easy! Just one bowl and 20 minutes is all you will need to make these healthy strawberry amaranth thumbprint cookies!
I must say that the homemade strawberry chia jam takes this recipe to the next level!
The taste is absolutely delicious. If you don’t want to be bothered making your own healthy jam, you can definitely use store bought.
Other key ingredient needed for this recipe is amaranth flour. To be frank, I decided to take a break from the usual almond flavor and try something unusual. I am right now in love with Amaranth. I decided to try amaranth flour in this thumbprint cookies recipe and it’s a great success. If you don’t have amaranth flour at the moment, the almond one will also work. Other key ingredient for this recipe is Bob’s Red Mill gluten free quick rolled oats, honey or maple syrup, and homemade strawberry jam thickened with chia seeds. These thumbprint cookies cookies are perfect for those with a sweet tooth, you will definitely satisfy those cravings but in a healthy way.
Plus they look so cute! Wouldn’t you agree?
- 1 cup amaranth flour (or almond flour)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup homemade strawberry chia jam (Bring strawberries and sweetener of choice to a low simmer in a small pan. Once the strawberries release their liquid, add chia seeds. Continue to simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and let cool)
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Combine all ingredients and mix together.
- On a lined baking sheet scoop 1 tbsp of the dough, roll into a ball and lightly press down in the middle.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of strawberry chia jam and place it in the middle .
- Bake for 12 min
Happy Baking !
Leave a Reply